The Key to your Inner Power and Mastery Why do we have such a difficult time letting go of a habit even when we "know" it is unhealthy?
What causes those nagging feelings of anxiety and stress?
Why aren't we able to perform to the best of our abilities all the time?
To understand why it is helpful to picture the mind as having two parts: conscious and subconscious.
The conscious mind handles your ordinary awareness and decision making. It is only 10% of your mind. The other 90% is your subconscious mind where your personality, feelings, and memory reside. Here you will find your personal values, beliefs and habits.
You have direct control over your conscious mind. More effort and sophistication are necessary to direct and reprogram your subconscious mind. This is when motivation and discipline techniques are extremely important.
The decision to seek a solution to a problem often happens because we have reached a point of crisis. A heart attack. The loss of a loved one. Feelings of guilt. No matter what stage you or a loved one may be at the decision to change can be momentous.
The first step towards achieving health is to realize that "YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE".
The second step is to set goals and objectives and commit yourself to reaching them. I will recommend and facilitate the number of treatments that will ensure success in achieving your goal.
The third step is the discipline and self control it takes to perform actions that will lead to your goals. You have full power over your discipline through exercising your power of choosing.
When you concentrate your energy on the things you have the power to change, the likehood of your success increases dramatically.
It is strongly recommended that in your goals and objectives you focus on the behavioral techniques and conditions for a desired outcome rather than the outcome itself. This will protect your motivation and your subconscious mind will be much more on your side too. Performance goals work much better than outcome goals.
Motivation to change is a major development. Motivation provides the impetus to take the first steps. This may take the form of a cry for help, a discussion with a friend, or, for some, a search of the Internet to determine if others are facing the same problems and what they are doing to help themselves.
Behavioral therapists like myself use the Internet or local forms of communication in order to reach those who are seeking help. We do this because we have the training and experience to assist people in the same predicament as you. Our methods are not invasive or threatening. They provide an underlying framework that you can depend upon knowing that they are simple and rely on a common sense approach to problem solving.
Your motivation may come and go. It may be strong for hours but days later you may have forgotten about it. This is a major obstacle. To be successful your motivation must go beyond a clear recognition that something is wrong. You must take constructive, concrete steps. Finding a therapist to assist you is a common step. I can provide a well-proven structure that will allow you to discover the strength and power within yourself to arrive at a solution. I can show you a range of techniques that if followed with diligence will allow you to find the inner wisdom that is necessary to turn tentative first steps into a long-term dedication to health and joyful living.
Transform Your Life through Behavioral Therapy, Hypnotherapy and Holistic Healing!